Public engagement specialists understand the importance of face-to-face contact. We want to be heard and we want to know that our contribution is being recognized. Face-to-face, in-person meetings are essential to this process. At the same time, these same experts understand the limitations of in person meetings. Participation is limited to those who can be available at a certain time and in a particular place. Running many of these to provide full coverage of an area and to make it possible for broad participation can be expensive, more expensive than many organizations can afford. That’s why Thornley Fallis has developed 76engage, a digital platform that provides a “virtual town hall” to enable engagement managers to emulate the key elements of an in-person town hall.
Sometimes, people want to respond to something others have said. Other times, they may want to simply leave their opinion, or rate choices, or respond to a survey. Participants in a digital engagement process powered by 76engage have all of these and other participation options at their fingertips. 76engage is a powerful platform for digital public engagement that delivers a user experience that is intuitive and easy to use. It allows you to:
- Inform: providing participants with news and information they need.
- Engage: providing easy to use tools designed to encourage participation
- Manage: providing the tools required to foster community
- Measure and understand: providing flexible and customizable reports
Support services include:
- Content adaptation to maximize online participation
- Development of custom tools to fit your engagement needs
- Proactive monitoring and moderation of participant input
- Ongoing technical monitoring and system maintenance
- Troubleshooting and technical support