Tool of the week: Deep-dive into Google Analytics through Google Academy
While I’ve been poking around Google Analytics for years, I’ve never actually taken formal training on the platform until I participated in this month’s Google Analytics Academy offering for the pilot Digital Analytics Fundamentals course.
The draw was to become better-versed in the types of questions I should be asking in the setup and ongoing review of website projects.
For three weeks until October 30, anyone could take course with Google advocate Justin Cutroni.
During the active period users also had the benefit of discussion with an active learning community on Google+, Google Hangout events with top experts and the ability to secure a certificate for the completion of the coursework.
Through six modules including 22 video lectures, students learned about
- An overview of the digital measurement landscape
- Guidance on how to build an effective measurement plan
- Best practices for collecting actionable data
- Descriptions of key digital measurement concepts, terminology and analysis techniques
- Deep-dives into Google Analytics reports with specific examples for evaluating your digital marketing performance
On average the course took about 4-6 hours to complete.
Course overview of Digital Analytics Fundamentals
Need help connecting with your audiences? Thornley Fallis has the expertise.