Data is driving marketing decisions
Recently, BlueKai surveyed a number of marketing executives to learn more about the importance of data in creating marketing programs. This research sheds light on the type of data marketers are using and how they are applying that data.
- 91 per cent of respondents said that data was “of primary importance for segmentation and targeting of [their] marketing efforts”
- 67 per cent of respondents said “more than half of their digital efforts are driven by data”
- 87 per cent of respondents rely on first party data including website data (83 per cent), CRM and registration data (79 per cent), email data (72 per cent), digital campaign data (67 per cent), search data (45 per cent), and mobile site or app data (28 per cent)
- 72 per cent of respondents rely on third party data for marketing including third party targeting data (62 per cent), third party mailing lists (49 per cent), and third party co-op data (33 per cent)
- Mobile is still an untapped resource. More than 50 per cent of marketers said they devote between zero and 25 per cent of their budget to mobile marketing
This report highlights the importance of first party research, which comes from within the organization. It’s important to understand the type of information you need to make the best decisions for your company. Measuring activity and collecting the right information can help you gain insight that could have passed you by.
We know that a sound strategy is the difference between disconnected pieces and a coherent whole. Good strategy is driven by data, research and analysis. Our research lets us understand what people are looking for, what they value, and how they want to be reached.
It’s important to measure what matters most to you. If you need assistance developing measurement criteria or applying insight from data analysis to your next project please get in touch with us today!