71% of marketers will increase spend on content marketing this year
What are your plans for content marketing in 2014? Curata’s third annual content marketing study: Content Marketing Tactics 2014 asked marketers what they had planned for this coming year. The results may help you to determine whether you’re right on track or behind the pack.
Here are a few of our favourite insights from the survey
- 71% of marketers plan to increase their content marketing spend in 2014
- Less than half of those surveyed (43%) have an individual on their team or at their organization who is responsible for content marketing
- 56% of marketers are using tools specifically designed for content marketing to assist with their content marketing activities
- Only 16% of marketers surveyed are in the habit of curating content for their online audience every day
- 39% of marketers surveyed said that they plan to devote more of their budget to curated content to supplement and support the content they create
At Thornley Fallis, we think great content marketing provides valued insight and information to your audience. Content marketing puts useful web content into the hands of the people in your target markets to strengthen relationships, build brand loyalty and drive sales leads.
If you’re looking to amp up your content marketing strategy, here are some tips to get you started
- Understand your audience: It’s important to know who you’re speaking to by understanding the demographics of your specific audience as well as their online habits. You can read more about demographics of online users here and here.
- Build relationships with your audience by providing useful information when it matters most.
- Measure your progress so that you can determine what’s working and what’s not.
It’s important that you have a strategy to direct your content marketing efforts. If you need help evaluating your content marketing efforts, please get in touch with us today.
Will you increase your content marketing spend in 2014? What tools do you use to support your content marketing efforts? Let us know in the comments below.
Curata. Content Marketing Tactics 2014. Accessed online Janaury 14, 2014 at http://www.curata.com/resources/ebooks/content-marketing-tactics-2014/.